Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Preservation on the Edge" Conference Coming Soon!

Sunday, May 15 - Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows Santa Monica

Conference Highlights:

- More than 30 Sessions, Tours, and Workshops on issues facing California's historic, cultural and natural resources - taught by over 100 expert speakers, plus continuing education units are available for AIA, USGBC, MCLE, and AICP!
- Exclusive Tours that highlight Santa Monica's architecture, landscapes, history, culture and more!
- For about this conference, check out the website.

7 comments:

  1. Great session today with Commissioner Wimberly. Creating a grade A hp program. Takeaway was our program has excellent bones. Got new insight into another run at Certified Local Govt. Status. I think we have one of the best programs in the IE. Highlighted awesome library grant writer and local history night. Everyone very impressed. Ontario well represented. Everyone has challenges just like we do no matter the city. Awesome day.

    Troyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw anthea hartig get preservationist of the year award :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is this chick? Did she deserve it? Hope all of you are enjoying the conference! If what JT says is correct and we have one of the best HP programs in the IE, then you all should be conducting these sessions. Find out where this conference will be next year and we can do a joint presentation!
    MP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Presentation on new vs old construction was interesting. Basically save old buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes she is the National Trust director in the western region. whats cool about her is she used to be the pres planner for rancho. Today, I learned new approaches in using incentives for historic property owners, as well as using social networking like facebook, blogging, and websites for historic pres advocacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm blogging because I've been told if I don't Karatsu bans you from conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sir are badly mistaken. I do not ban staff from attending conferences if they do not blog.

    Rather, I charge my bar tab (of course I only imbibe once the conference finishes for the day...) to their room. After paying this off, they seem to lose any desire to attend any future conferences.

    It works.

    RK

    ReplyDelete